Summer Term Topics/Concepts
Summer Term topics
“Communication is Key”
Nursery Summer Term Routes to learning Pre PS1
In the Garden - Concepts - growth , wellness, identification of plants and minibeasts
- Growing - planting seeds, growth, harvesting
- The Hungry Caterpillar + other texts from Eric Carle
- Jasper's Beanstalk
- Mad about Minibeasts
- What the Ladybird Heard
Concepts -Create, Imagine, Respond
We will teach concepts through a Traditional story theme including -
Emperor's New Clothes, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, Little Red Riding Hood, Pinocchio, Chicken Licken
For Health & Wellbeing / Science we will be doing a mini project on Oral Health (as part of the Cluster Progression Project on Health Promoting Behaviours).
We are going to look at
- people who have influenced & changed the way we communicate.
- the different ways people communicate - art, photographs, drama & music. We are going to look at how we can communicate with others all over the world.
- jobs in communication & the media with local examples.
- positive / negative effect communication / media can have on mental health.
- how people communicate their beliefs.
- Class novels for this term The Boy Who Grew Dragons by Andy Shepherd/ The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo.
STEM Cluster project – designing, creating and testing soap box cars (Y6)
STEM – Bridge Design (Y5)
Showtime (leavers concert performance).
We will look at
- script writing, song writing, poetry through rap.
- oracy around performance
- expression though character and costume design
- animation and story boarding
- direct and indirect speech
- creativity and innovation
- critical thinking and problem solving
- planning and organising
- communication to audience
- investigate and draw conclusions
- evaluate and inform opinions